• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction, have a bench warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JuliusJudd

I currently live in New Paltz, NY, zip code 12561, in Ulster County. I have a bench warrant out for failure to pay a fine for a disorderly conduct charge in Colonie, NY, in Albany County.

First of all, let me say that I am not looking for lectures, I have only had the bench warrant out for about a month and I know that I need to deal with it asap, and that I am doing my absolute best to do so. I currently only work about 16 hours a week, and I'm barley able to get by, sometimes I can't even afford to buy food. Which is the reason why I am being evicted tomorrow. I would have dealt with the warrent by now but I don't have the money to pay the fine anyway. So obviously I can't afford to post bail if I did turn myself in. And I really really can't afford to lose money by missing hours at work because I am waiting around in jail to see a judge. I will deal with the warrant as soon as I possibly can, but right now it just isn't a realistic possibility. So as you can see, I'm in a serious jam right now. So here's my question. Its very urgent, so any information asap would be greatly appreciated.

I'm scheduled to be evicted tomorrow due to nonpayment of rent. I'm not trying to fight it, I know that I didn't pay my rent and my landlord has every right to evict me. My question is, will police officers come to evict me, or will the landlord do it. I received an official notice of eviction 3 days ago. I already got almost all of my things out, except a few peices of furniture, which I am planning to remove tomorrow morning. If the police will come to evict me, will they know about the bench warrant and will I be arrested after or even before I am evicted? And do I have to be present in order to be evicted? Or can I just get everything out and then give my keys to my roommate to give to the landlord tomorrow? Thank you for any help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">