• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I received three citations and two of them I want to plead not guilty? What do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kellywright9

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? San Antonio, TX

I was pulled over by an officer and I proceeded to pull off to the right shoulder. I rolled down my window and immediately the officer was very angry and started to yell. I remained calm and he told me that he clocked me going with the flow of traffic at 79 in a 60 zone. Even though I was going over the speed limit I was going with the flow of traffic and that would be the citation I would accept. But he was clearly upset. He then said that I was following too closely, but we came up on congestion. So it would make sense that I was following too closely as I had to put on my breaks. Then he cited me with an illegal change of lanes. The speeding ticket is clearly reasonable and I would accept that but the other two citations were clearly an act of being angry. I wasn't ever rude to the officer and he handed me my stuff back and I drove off. I was reading up on the defensive driving and it says I have to plead guilty or no contest. I don't want to accept all the charges. What do I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The time to brake is BEFORE you get too close to the person in front of you.
Also, apparently, the officer observed you making an illegal lane change.

An officer can cite you for ALL violations - there is no requirement for the officer to overlook anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">