• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

police forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lrcdet

Last edited:

FlyingRon

If the case revolves solely upon reliance on the forged card, you may have a case. If it's some other procedural issue with sale to the person, it's probably allowed.

However, I'm confused. What is a state-approved marijuana provider in Michigan. I don't see any provision for that.

cyjeff

If I am thinking about the right circumstance, that was the point, Ron.

The cops were trying to show 1) that the providers really don't care to examine the cards enough to see if they are valid... any kid can produce one with a laptop and an inkjet printer, and; 2) how widespread this practice is.

tranquility

I believe the cards protect the possessor of certain amounts. I don't think the law allows for sale. Except for certain caregivers (with a very small number of people they are caring for), those who sell are breaking the letter of the law.

Since they are already predisposed to break the law, using forged cards would not be "entrapment" as it is not legal to sell to a person with a card in any event.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">