• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confidential Informant No Show?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jemini_6

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Washington
I recently went to trial prior to trial in the motion to suppress due to non disclosure of the identity of CI the informant did not appear but his name was given so the motion was denied.
Later in Trial the CI also did not appear yet the prosecuter quoted him although there was not even a written statement. The motion to dismiss due to the only physical witness to any crime the CI not being there was also denied. Unbelievably I was still found guilty on only circumstantial evidence that the prosecuter deemed reliable repeatedly to the jurors. The Ci had also been arrested 4 other times during the timeframe after I was charged to the time of trial for crimes of the same nature as the charges that were dropped for him to become Ci in first place. Is this standard for a criminal drug case? I believe the prosecutional misconduct was in play if so what are the steps I should take?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Washington
I recently went to trial prior to trial in the motion to suppress due to non disclosure of the identity of CI the informant did not appear but his name was given so the motion was denied.
Later in Trial the CI also did not appear yet the prosecuter quoted him although there was not even a written statement. The motion to dismiss due to the only physical witness to any crime the CI not being there was also denied. Unbelievably I was still found guilty on only circumstantial evidence that the prosecuter deemed reliable repeatedly to the jurors. The Ci had also been arrested 4 other times during the timeframe after I was charged to the time of trial for crimes of the same nature as the charges that were dropped for him to become Ci in first place. Is this standard for a criminal drug case? I believe the prosecutional misconduct was in play if so what are the steps I should take?
Your attorney should be able to guide you.

Jemini_6

I actually just wanted to add that I was found guilty on 2 charges without any physical witness. I actually had witnesses to my defense as well claiming as well that I was not even where the event took place at the time and the actual person who physically was there at the time stating I was not there. The CI was the only person who claims to have seen me but he was not there to say it nor should the hearsay of him having ever said that I was have been there either. I believe the burden of proof was shifted by the prosecution to deter the fact that the only physical witness was not present. Due to arrests on the CI before the prosecuter even charged me with the crimes that were of the same nature of crime he was getting dropped for his service I think he was never a credibile witness in the first place and I never should have even been charged. I wonder if the Ball rule could be used in this matter?

Jemini_6

I had a public defender who I believe actually worked against me. I have no idea where to turn from here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">