• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to deal with my attorney on my auto accident case in Dallas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jimc11111

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I can't get my attorney to give me my own case number on my auto accident case which is now almost 1 year old, nor does he want to give me the $10000
PIP already paid to him months ago knowing I am in severe financial straights.
He mentions possibly another year or two to settle the case when he says? $30,000. is what the commercial insurance company is offering. I have no way of even knowing for sure how much is on the table as the attorney tells me I can't ask the adjuster myself?
It's all crazy/stressful and my abilty to work is greatly diminished from the wreck/injury to my back.
I'm just trying to settle my case and forget about it.
Any answers to any of this Muchly appreciated.
Thank you

ecmst12

PIP is paid to your medical providers directly, should not be paid to you or your lawyer. Are you still being treated?

Jimc11111

How to deal with my attorney

I was released from medical treatment about 7 months ago. The only thing that would have helped me is another back surgery which I was not willing to go through. [I've had two prior back surgeries from other back injuries years ago].
The attorney got the PIP check and is holding it in "escrow" I guess. I think he is useing it to be paid while he is working on my case. I believe I signed a paper saying he would be in control of the PIP check.
However I need some of the money now for expenses as I'm not even getting much work in with a reinjured back.
I have heard the PIP check is in part for my expenses while I'm recovering from the injury.
Thank you

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">