• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraudulent Marriage -Can I get it annulled? He married me forgreen card -90 days ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helppls

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO
I got married July 30th and soon found out things were not on the up and up-
I had to call 911 within the first month- (told them it wasn't and emergency, but what to do bc he was acting crazy) It became clear things were not good. We have been separated since Sept 9 -- I am in the process of getting a divorce (calling lawyers/getting advice) But He finally just admitted he just wants a visa And has offered to make me a deal if I stay married to him.

Can I get this marriage annulled? I really thought he was a good guy and we were going to have a good life.

(I never signed any of the immigration papers to keep him legal; his visa expires nov 30 - he is from syria

Can I sue him- he caused me to have to sell my personal belonging bc lied about numerous things - so I lost assets that were sentimental/valuable

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Nope, you'll need to get a divorce.

Check out http://www.aboutdivorce.org/mo/annulment.html

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Can I sue him- he caused me to have to sell my personal belonging bc lied about numerous things - so I lost assets that were sentimental/valuable
I DO want to address this: You have no case. You were NOT forced to sell ANYTHING.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO
I got married July 30th and soon found out things were not on the up and up-
I had to call 911 within the first month- (told them it wasn't and emergency, but what to do bc he was acting crazy) It became clear things were not good. We have been separated since Sept 9 -- I am in the process of getting a divorce (calling lawyers/getting advice) But He finally just admitted he just wants a visa And has offered to make me a deal if I stay married to him.

Can I get this marriage annulled? I really thought he was a good guy and we were going to have a good life.

(I never signed any of the immigration papers to keep him legal; his visa expires nov 30 - he is from syria

The law suit you are seeking is called a divorce.:cool:

helppls

He told me he had 3K when in fact he did not- in order to pay the mortgage and utilities and such I had to sell some equipment-
He lied to me about numerous things- and now (since I am getting the divorce) he has admitted now he only married me for a green card-
Is that not fraud?

Isis1

He told me he had 3K when in fact he did not- in order to pay the mortgage and utilities and such I had to sell some equipment-
He lied to me about numerous things- and now (since I am getting the divorce) he has admitted now he only married me for a green card-
Is that not fraud?
It's fraud for the immagration, but not for you.

Get the divorce. It's a short marriage. It'll be over quick.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Is that not fraud?
So you married him for his money?
You may have issues with immigration as well quite frankly. What type of visa did he enter the country?

Is that not fraud?

And how would you have paid the mortgage had you not married him? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">