• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving w/o license.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sailendram@gmai

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Ended up in a minor accident w/o any injury (the other vehicle didn't had any DL/Insurance so went off), called cops. They noticed that my insurance was expired a month back. Though I've "Application for DL renewal" with me, DMV hasn't sent me the license itself.

They filed a report and gave me a report number but didn't tow away my car. They did visit me in my home as I had come home. They didn't give me any ticket.

What next ? How do I know what sections did they apply ? How long do I have to wait before knowing how much was ticket and which ones did he apply (driving w/ expired license, illegal Uturn, minor accident) ?

thx

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Ended up in a minor accident w/o any injury (the other vehicle didn't had any DL/Insurance so went off), called cops. They noticed that my insurance was expired a month back. Though I've "Application for DL renewal" with me, DMV hasn't sent me the license itself.

They filed a report and gave me a report number but didn't tow away my car. They did visit me in my home as I had come home. They didn't give me any ticket.

What next ? How do I know what sections did they apply ? How long do I have to wait before knowing how much was ticket and which ones did he apply (driving w/ expired license, illegal Uturn, minor accident) ?

thx
What code section(s) were you cited for? And if you were not cited, then the police have ten days to complete the report, but up to a year to file charges (mail you a citation) as a result of the investigation. However, if you had expired registration or no driver's license they can cite at the scene for those without waiting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">