• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citizen complaint/careless driving ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ejac

State: Colorado

I was pulled over in my semi. The cop said a woman called and complained that I was speeding, flashing my brights and chasing her. She's nuts or I'm nuts but I didn't do any of those things. My truck's governed at 75mph and the speed limit is 75mph. The cop said he didn't witness anything and that she wants to press charges. He gave me a ticket and said if I go to court she'll have to prove I was driving carelessly. Any advice for if she shows up would be appreciated.

Last edited:

racer72

Go to court and prove you did not do what she says you did. In my opinion this would be easy to get tossed.

ejac

Go to court and prove you did not do what she says you did. In my opinion this would be easy to get tossed.
Thanks for putting my mind at ease. Should I be prepared with anything other than my word and a clean driving record to defend myself?

Kiawah

why don't you bring the technical documentation which proves your truck is governed at 75, as you have stated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">