• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of a controled substance, 1 pill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WithGodsWill

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My husband was just pulled over and after inspection of the car, they found one pill, we are not sure what it is, as I do take different medication for me migranes. They are stating this is a felony and I just had to bond him out. What kind of charges are we looking at? I am pulling all my scripts from the pharmacy's and hospitals' but there is a chance that it was something that my mom gave me. She usually will get me medicane for my migranes as we do not have medical insurance.

We were told the techinical term for the pill is HYDROMORPHONE??? but we are not sure. It was only 1 pill, but I do not want him to have a felony on his record for something that was not his.

Any legal advice is greatly needed.....

dave33

I think the best advice now would be to consult a lawyer,as you must be careful what you say. I am sure you do not want the situation to get worse. Goodluck.

Dillon

My husband was just pulled over and after inspection of the car, they found one pill, we are not sure what it is, as I do take different medication for me migranes. They are stating this is a felony and I just had to bond him out. ..
its my understanding, anyone could have left those drugs in the car.

could have been there when you bought the car.

could it have fallen out of the officer pocket during the search?

sounds like resonable doubt to me.

Last edited:

Dillon

My husband was just pulled over and after inspection of the car, they found one pill, we are not sure what it is, as I do take different medication for me migranes. They are stating this is a felony and I just had to bond him out. ..
its my understanding, anyone could have left those drugs in the car.

could be MOM's stuff, which fell from her purse

Last edited:

CdwJava

Dillon, no details have been provided as to where the pill was found. For all we know it was in his jacket pocket which was in the car - or in a handbag. We don't know.

Yes, there is a chance for reasonable doubt, but that will depend on the details.

The previous advice was best - stay silent and consult an attorney.

Dillon

Your MOM gives you prescription meds?

That's a federal offense as well... the whole family is going down.
if me i would not tell the authorities that information, but thats me.

if me i would just correct that statement and say, the pill maybe or probable is MOM's, as far as i Know?

Last edited:

Dillon

Dillon, no details have been provided as to where the pill was found. For all we know it was in his jacket pocket which was in the car - or in a handbag. We don't know.

Yes, there is a chance for reasonable doubt, but that will depend on the details.

The previous advice was best - stay silent and consult an attorney.

Thats fine with me, to the extent on how competent the attorney?

make sure he/she has a proven track record on winning these type of cases.

and not just doing plea bargains.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">