• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce and VA disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seg0425

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Is my soon to be ex-wife entitled to my Disability payments from the VA if that is my only means to health care and she is currently getting child support and medical covered by the state? I already pay her with other means of income and now she wants my disability. That benefit covers the medication from the VA.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Is my soon to be ex-wife entitled to my Disability payments from the VA if that is my only means to health care and she is currently getting child support and medical covered by the state? I already pay her with other means of income and now she wants my disability. That benefit covers the medication from the VA.
If you are asking if VA benefits can be included in a child support calculation then the answer to that is normally yes. Any regular income can be included in a calculation.

If that is not what you are asking, then please clarify your question.

seg0425

VA Disibility

What she is asking for is to take my disability which is only 10%. I use that to cover my medication expenses. I have already let child support know of this payment. She wants to be able to get that in spousal support and as a way to cripple me financially due to the fact I don't have a lot of money as it is. I have no problem paying my child support, but feel I owe her nothing more.

LdiJ

What she is asking for is to take my disability which is only 10%. I use that to cover my medication expenses. I have already let child support know of this payment. She wants to be able to get that in spousal support and as a way to cripple me financially due to the fact I don't have a lot of money as it is. I have no problem paying my child support, but feel I owe her nothing more.
What is your annual income (including the disability) and what is her annual income. How much is your disabililty? How long have you been married?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">