• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperated, husband in hospital, girlfriend wont let wife in hospital

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imshadeesgirl71

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

What can I do about being seperated with husband in hospital and new girlfriend of 3 months has convinced him of signing a security form in which I am not allowed any information on his condition and when I took the kids to see him at the hospital it did not go so well. Her jealousy and controlling behavior has affected the children tremendously. What rights do I have as his wife in this situation? Please help! I took his oldest daughter with us also, and when the kids walked in the room to see their father he screams at them because I took them to the hospital (which I was perfectly content on waiting in the lobby, no harm there) When the kids came out of the room crying I then went back and told them what I thought! Do I go to someone at the hospital about this? He has only been dating this horrific woman for 3 months and she does not even want me to call the house if my kids are there. It is ridiculous! What rights does this woman actually have? Him and I were together for 16 years and are still married. No seperation papers even on file! He will be in the hospital for the next 3 weeks approximately.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

What can I do about being seperated with husband in hospital and new girlfriend of 3 months has convinced him of signing a security form in which I am not allowed any information on his condition and when I took the kids to see him at the hospital it did not go so well. Her jealousy and controlling behavior has affected the children tremendously. What rights do I have as his wife in this situation? Please help!
Hold on a sec here. It's not the GF who doesn't want you there...it's your HUSBAND. Leave him alone, as per his wishes.

Imshadeesgirl71

But it is her...he is under many medications and almost lost his life. All of his family and friends are agreeing with me...the woman is nuts!

Imshadeesgirl71

I guess we will just have to wait this one out, but its unfortunate for the kids for sure...and I hate it! I was just thinking that it may be possible for me to be able to file some sort of paperwork regarding his health with the hospital. This crazy lady is making our lives a living hell!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I guess we will just have to wait this one out, but its unfortunate for the kids for sure...and I hate it! I was just thinking that it may be possible for me to be able to file some sort of paperwork regarding his health with the hospital. This crazy lady is making our lives a living hell!
I'm pretty sure that the hospital is aware of your husband's health.
As for the lady driving you crazy...it's only because you LET her drive you crazy. However, this thread is not about that.

Imshadeesgirl71

The children are 13 and 10...he also has a daughter that is 20 and scared to drive in the big city...I took them up on Sat and waited in the waiting room...things still didnt go well but thats besides the point I guess...he will now have reconstructive surgery and will go home in about 5 days, but at this point his sister (who is her friend) called me screaming afterward over the fact that I was there but considering no one in his family has offered to take any of his children to see him, I didnt see the harm in obiding by their wishes and waiting in the lobby so the kids could see him, although when they walked in the room he screamed at his oldest daughter, so at this point we are just seperated, no papers filed and as far as I am concerned, he just wont see the kids until he gets an attorney and does something about it! Hes a crappy dad anyway!

Imshadeesgirl71

This may come accross like that, but there are also many more things to consider in which I have not posted. I apologize, but they are making it hard for the children (him and her) VERY HARD. And yes he has already stated that he wanted to see the children while in the hospital. He is up and talking and eating and doing well at this time which is why I took them there to see him Saturday. The girlfriend of only 3 months (we were together 16 yrs)...is the one making decisions on his well being, also a woman that supposedly is an LPN but has recently been fired from a carryout none the less...is the reason he is there to begin with...if she was an LPN as she claims, then she would have made sure he was in the ER long before the situation got as bad as it did...it was something comopletely avoidable! He just screamed at his daughter because I drove. I had NO INTENTION of going into the room and abiding by their wishes. I did not come here but to ask advice not to be rediculed. Thank you.

justalayman

he has a right to refuse to have any information disclosed to anybody he chooses. That is simply his right.

If he wants to see the children, I would suggest contacting the nurses desk in his area and speak with them. Give a very quick and non-condemning explanation that you and the GF do not get along, you are of the understanding that your husband would like to see his children, and how to arrange for the children to see their father.

Hospitals do not like to play baby sitter for a bunch of adults but they do not want fights on the premises either.

Proserpina

This may come accross like that, but there are also many more things to consider in which I have not posted. I apologize, but they are making it hard for the children (him and her) VERY HARD. And yes he has already stated that he wanted to see the children while in the hospital. He is up and talking and eating and doing well at this time which is why I took them there to see him Saturday. The girlfriend of only 3 months (we were together 16 yrs)...is the one making decisions on his well being, also a woman that supposedly is an LPN but has recently been fired from a carryout none the less...is the reason he is there to begin with...if she was an LPN as she claims, then she would have made sure he was in the ER long before the situation got as bad as it did...it was something comopletely avoidable! He just screamed at his daughter because I drove. I had NO INTENTION of going into the room and abiding by their wishes. I did not come here but to ask advice not to be rediculed. Thank you.

Your husband is allowing his girlfriend to do this. Understand? It doesn't matter that you've been with him for 16 years. He could genuinely believe that he's only now met the love of his life. I've seen it happen.

And yes, I can see how it may appear that you're more concerned about what girlywirly is doing than about what's either best for your husband or the kids.

Also you're now implying that she was somehow complicit in his condition?

Is/was he unable to call an ambulance himself? You confused me there. :confused:

(I'd be VERY careful about what you allege)

Imshadeesgirl71

he has a right to refuse to have any information disclosed to anybody he chooses. That is simply his right.

If he wants to see the children, I would suggest contacting the nurses desk in his area and speak with them. Give a very quick and non-condemning explanation that you and the GF do not get along, you are of the understanding that your husband would like to see his children, and how to arrange for the children to see their father.

Hospitals do not like to play baby sitter for a bunch of adults but they do not want fights on the premises either.
Yes that is what I did on Saturday......I just needed some legal advice..guess I shouldnt have went into so much detail..and it was actually an infection that was left untreated for so long that it turned into gangrene...and i wont be returning to the hospital so no one will have to worry about it anymore.....besides its over an hour drive and I cannot afford the gas as he had not kept up on support as well. I run enough gas out driving kids to school and work each day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">