• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

alcohol in the car with minors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jamimelton11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

Is it ok for a 17 year old to take an aldult to get beer?

Jamimelton11

I ask because my fiance and I went through a traffic stop and they found a 25 year old open container in my car. They arrested him and left his 18 pack in my car. Are they not suppose to get his possesions out with him? Then they carged me with open container and minor in possesion of beer. I don't believe it's right for them to charge us with open container for a beer can older than me and for his beer that was left in my car because they failed to do their job and get it out!!

Proserpina

I ask because my fiance and I went through a traffic stop and they found a 25 year old open container in my car. They arrested him and left his 18 pack in my car. Are they not suppose to get his possesions out with him? Then they carged me with open container and minor in possesion of beer. I don't believe it's right for them to charge us with open container for a beer can older than me and for his beer that was left in my car because they failed to do their job and get it out!!

Sheer curiosity - why was there a 25-year old empty container in your car?!

Jamimelton11

My uncle died 16 years ago. We are remodeling his house and there was this old beer can from him in the ceiling. We figured we would keep it and put it on our mantle. I put it in my car so it wouldn't get messed up when my fiance was tearing stuff out of it.

Jamimelton11

it was empty with the exception of some dirt. and did i mention im 3 months pregnat so i dont even drink. and i went to jail on my anniversery, after i had just left church, for bs charges, slept on the nasty jail floor in my church clothes 3 months pregnat.

Antigone*

it was empty with the exception of some dirt. and did i mention im 3 months pregnat so i dont even drink. and i went to jail on my anniversery, after i had just left church, for bs charges, slept on the nasty jail floor in my church clothes 3 months pregnat.
You first asked if it was okay for a 17-year old to take an adult to buy beer and conveniently so, there is a 25-year old container in the car?

Sorry, but that story stinks. As penance you should say 5 Hail Marys and 5 Our Fathers. :rolleyes:

Jamimelton11

and to Antigone of Greece....I first asked if it was ok for a 17 year old to take an aldult to the store because my father wanted to know and i just wanted to see what the people on hear had to say. Then i told you what happened. I'm sorry you don't find my story more amusing, but a local lawyer took the case free of chare because he found enough merit as well as proof to have all charges completely dismissed. :D

Antigone*

and to Antigone of Greece....I first asked if it was ok for a 17 year old to take an aldult to the store because my father wanted to know and i just wanted to see what the people on hear had to say. Then i told you what happened. I'm sorry you don't find my story more amusing, but a local lawyer took the case free of chare because he found enough merit as well as proof to have all charges completely dismissed. :D
Well, blow me down. The OG phenomenon is still alive and well:cool:

Jamimelton11

you were right though i asked if it was ok for a 17 year old to drive a aldult to the store having nothing to do with the 25 year old beer can. so keep being smart!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">