• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspected

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trent3214

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ny
i was pulled over on my motorcycle, they said my bike fits the description of a bike they're looking for and that I fit a description as well but they werent specific as to what the crime was or how much i fit. it seemed pretty vague and they didnt answer any of my questions re what they were looking for. they took my info and that was it.
Im a little concerned cause I dont know what it was they were looking for and I have no idea what to expect. could they investigate me without my knowledge ? do they have to question me 1st if they were to do anymore "looking" into me or what they think I might have done based on their knowledge? basically all they seemed to have was a description of some one but no hard eveidence.

dave33

To answer your question, they are legally allowed to investigate a crime or look into a situation they think may have constituted a crime. Giving you advance knowledge of their activities is not among their criteria. Sounds like you may have to wait and see.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">