• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military Divorce underway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mblack_00

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Virgina

My husband is currently in the military, active duty. I suspect him of cheating. I called his hotel room and a woman answered his phone to name just a few. He won't admit to it because I know the military frowns on infidelity. We've been married 11 years. We have no children together. What are my rights? He makes twice as much as me and I can not afford to stay in the townhome we're renting. I've relocated twice with him due to his career. Are we as military spouce intitled to spouce support?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Virgina

My husband is currently in the military, active duty. I suspect him of cheating. I called his hotel room and a woman answered his phone to name just a few. He won't admit to it because I know the military frowns on infidelity. We've been married 11 years. We have no children together. What are my rights? He makes twice as much as me and I can not afford to stay in the townhome we're renting. I've relocated twice with him due to his career. Are we as military spouce intitled to spouce support?
The only spousal support that you are entitled to is the portion of his BAH/BAS that is a result of his being married, and you are only entitled to that (under military rules) until the divorce is final.

If, and its a fairly big if, you were entitled to any alimony beyond that, it would be short term alimony designed to help you until you get get some additional training or something like that, so that you could better support yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">