• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Correctable Moving Violation??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jillcampree

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I received a ticket for not stopping correctly at a stop sign - 22450(a)
Fine, whatever... I want to pay it and be done with it. Got a different ticket a while back, paid it online, will go to traffic school.
My court date on the new ticket is tomorrow and I still haven't received anything in the mail. I've repetatively searched online for the new ticket but it doesn't seem to have been processed. I took a close look at the ticket and the officer checked the box stating it was a correctable violation. From what I know moving violations are not correctable. I really don't want to have to take the day off tomorrow to go to court and don't see how they would even have my case. Any advice on how to approach this?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I received a ticket for not stopping correctly at a stop sign - 22450(a)
Fine, whatever... I want to pay it and be done with it. Got a different ticket a while back, paid it online, will go to traffic school.
My court date on the new ticket is tomorrow and I still haven't received anything in the mail. I've repetatively searched online for the new ticket but it doesn't seem to have been processed. I took a close look at the ticket and the officer checked the box stating it was a correctable violation. From what I know moving violations are not correctable. I really don't want to have to take the day off tomorrow to go to court and don't see how they would even have my case. Any advice on how to approach this?
Show up to the court tomorrow and get them to verify that you were there (ask the clerk). Then, when your ticket DOES hit the system, you won't be dinged for not showing up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">