• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cosmetic damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

khabby

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Due to the huge hail storm that hit Phoenix recently, my vehicle was considered a total loss. All the damage is cosmetic only, no damage to the frame or windows etc. My dealer is telling me I don't need to get a salvage title because the damage is cosmetic only. The insurance company says I have to get a salvage title because Arizona doesn't differentiate between cosmetic or mechanical damage on that it is a total loss. I can't find anything on-line at the dmv or at the dept of insurance for az. Can anyone tell me if they know which one is right?

antrc170

AZ doesn't differ cosmetic or mechanical salvage titles so, if your insurance company lists the vehicles as totaled a new salvaged title must be obtained. If the car is still able to be driven safely you need a Level 3 inspection done. If it passes take the paperwork to the dmv and get a salvage restored title.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">