• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Procedure for Loan agreement from other country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amanuvanshi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
Dear able members,

My hubby has produced an agreement dated 2 years back from India for borrowing USD 10000/ from his relative. And he claims that this money he has passed on to me. I have removed this money to a bank not known to him in India without his consent.
He is producing this agreement in the court in US for stllement of my Divorce Finances.

Question is that how to verify that the loan agreement is false and not prepared following legal procedures for making an agreement across the borders.Direct question is what is procedure of making such an agreement in India on a Bond Paper and can it be accepted in court in USA if it is just notarised in India. Is it possible to sign the agreement sitting here in US and get it notarised from India without being present there.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">