• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to look out for Mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

North Carolina

My Grandmother recently passed away and left my mother and uncle all of her assets and property to be devided equally. She (Grandma) appointed Uncle as the Executor. The will states that Uncle is to take his portion free and clear and that my mother's portion is to be placed in a trust. It does not specify what type of trust. The will also states that Uncle is appointed as trustee and is to invest and reinvest monies placed in the trust. Lastly it is specified regarding the trust, at a minimum 1/10 of the trust will be dispursed each year.

My mother and Uncle have never been able to get along. My Uncle is acting secretive about the net worth of the assets. The only reason she knows what's stated in the will is because I knew she could get it from the Clerk of Court. Is there another document she can request that would breakdown what the net worth of the estate is?

I am my mother's POA and she is asking me to look into this. She is not against the Trust per se she just wants me to be able to check everthing out to be sure she is getting her fair share. Can and how would I go about doing this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">