• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired and company refuses to issue final paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tgheyward

I live at Hilton Head Island, SC. My wife was terminated from her job as office manager for a timeshare development last week. The new project director called her at home and fired her, stating at the time that he had heard a rumor that was going to quit her job. 2 days later when she attempted to get her final paycheck, she was told that she would not be paid for the final 2 weeks (which she had already worked) because the company had made an error in paying her on the previous 2 pay periods (which they had in fact done). Payroll for the company is done in Pennsylvania at their corporate office and my wife was not involved in prepareing payroll for the company at all. Payroll checks are issued from PA in sealed envelopes and apparently the project director open her paycheck envelope and examined it and then decided not to give it to her. Is she entitled to her final paycheck in full regardless of being overpaid in the past and should her termination be considered 'for cause' and thus no unemployment is due or considered 'without cause' for which she is entitled unemployment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">