• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!! 2903.11a1 f2-felonious assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scooby0721

Ohio - My stepson and his friend went to play pool on 10/15/10. His friend was the designated driver. They borrowed our vehicle to go. My husband checked the friend's driver's license to make certain he could drive. They went to play pool at one bar in the city and my stepson had one beer there. The friend had none because he was driving and is not old enough. They met up with an acquaintance from high school. He was with his girlfriend and they had already been at this bar. They started hanging out together. My stepson was able to continue playing pool because he was winning. The other 3 wanted to leave because they were bored and couldn't play so they then went to a second bar in the city. My stepson had one beer there and, again, the friend had none. Per my stepson, the acquaintance and his girlfriend gave the female bartender at the second bar a hard time and my stepson then wanted to go home and the acquaintance and his girlfriend asked for a ride home. My stepson and his friend said they would take them home. En route to the acquaintance's home, the acquaintance and his girlfriend began arguing and it escalated into the acquaintance physically beating the girlfriend in the back seat of the vehicle, at which time, my stepson and his friend screamed at him to stop hitting her. The friend pulled the vehicle to the side of the road and my stepson got out and pulled the acquaintance out of the vehicle to keep the acquaintance from harming his girlfriend anymore. There is blood all over the inside of the vehicle. My stepson was then thrown down on the road by the acquaintance who was a wrestler all through high school. My stepson yelled for help from the friend who was driving. The friend then approached my stepson while the acquaintance was kicking my stepson on the ground. The friend stood there for a second and my stepson was able to get back on his feet. At that time, the acquaintance then attacked the friend. My stepson then jumped on the back of the acquaintance to get him off the friend and, at that point, the acquaintance knocked my stepson back down on the ground. My stepson hit the acquaintance while he was on top of him for the second time. My stepson grabbed his head in a head lock and then the friend struck him knocking the acquaintance unconscious to enable my stepson to get back up. At that point, my stepson and his friend went to get back in the vehicle and realized the girlfriend was no longer in the vehicle and looked over and saw her kicking the acquaintance in the face rapidly calling him a "piece of **** woman abuser" and that was the "last time he would lay hands on her". In the midst of her tirade, my stepson and his friend pulled her away from the acquaintance and put her back in the vehicle. They told her to go the hospital and call the police. She begged and cried and asked them not to. They took her to a second friend's house to clean her up. This second friend saw the blood on her shoes (which she probably has since discarded). She was stating she wished she had her other shoes on so she could have f***ed him up worse. Warrants have been issued for felonious assault for my stepson, his friend (who drove) and the girlfriend. The newspaper is stating that it was a vicious attack on the acquaintance. The police have refused to look at the blood inside the vehicle to show how vicious the beating of the girlfriend was. The acquaintance has two domestic violence charges on him for this girlfriend. No charges are being filed for domestic violence against the acquaintance! Anything we need to do other than mandate a public defender get this evidence? Can you help?

Antigone*

Ohio - My stepson and his friend went to play pool on 10/15/10. His friend was the designated driver. They borrowed our vehicle to go. My husband checked the friend's driver's license to make certain he could drive. They went to play pool at one bar in the city and my stepson had one beer there. The friend had none because he was driving and is not old enough. They met up with an acquaintance from high school. He was with his girlfriend and they had already been at this bar. They started hanging out together. My stepson was able to continue playing pool because he was winning. The other 3 wanted to leave because they were bored and couldn't play so they then went to a second bar in the city. My stepson had one beer there and, again, the friend had none. Per my stepson, the acquaintance and his girlfriend gave the female bartender at the second bar a hard time and my stepson then wanted to go home and the acquaintance and his girlfriend asked for a ride home. My stepson and his friend said they would take them home. En route to the acquaintance's home, the acquaintance and his girlfriend began arguing and it escalated into the acquaintance physically beating the girlfriend in the back seat of the vehicle, at which time, my stepson and his friend screamed at him to stop hitting her. The friend pulled the vehicle to the side of the road and my stepson got out and pulled the acquaintance out of the vehicle to keep the acquaintance from harming his girlfriend anymore. There is blood all over the inside of the vehicle. My stepson was then thrown down on the road by the acquaintance who was a wrestler all through high school. My stepson yelled for help from the friend who was driving. The friend then approached my stepson while the acquaintance was kicking my stepson on the ground. The friend stood there for a second and my stepson was able to get back on his feet. At that time, the acquaintance then attacked the friend. My stepson then jumped on the back of the acquaintance to get him off the friend and, at that point, the acquaintance knocked my stepson back down on the ground. My stepson hit the acquaintance while he was on top of him for the second time. My stepson grabbed his head in a head lock and then the friend struck him knocking the acquaintance unconscious to enable my stepson to get back up. At that point, my stepson and his friend went to get back in the vehicle and realized the girlfriend was no longer in the vehicle and looked over and saw her kicking the acquaintance in the face rapidly calling him a "piece of **** woman abuser" and that was the "last time he would lay hands on her". In the midst of her tirade, my stepson and his friend pulled her away from the acquaintance and put her back in the vehicle. They told her to go the hospital and call the police. She begged and cried and asked them not to. They took her to a second friend's house to clean her up. This second friend saw the blood on her shoes (which she probably has since discarded). She was stating she wished she had her other shoes on so she could have f***ed him up worse. Warrants have been issued for felonious assault for my stepson, his friend (who drove) and the girlfriend. The newspaper is stating that it was a vicious attack on the acquaintance. The police have refused to look at the blood inside the vehicle to show how vicious the beating of the girlfriend was. The acquaintance has two domestic violence charges on him for this girlfriend. No charges are being filed for domestic violence against the acquaintance! Anything we need to do other than mandate a public defender get this evidence? Can you help?
Why did they leave the scene? They should have gotten inside the car and called the police.

Your son should stay quiet ~ not say anything to the police and get an attorney.

scooby0721

Why they left the scene...

The girlfriend screamed and cried that she did not want to call the police and she did not want to go to the hospital. She wanted them to take her somewhere to clean her up. He is not talking to police and will ask for a public defender.

scooby0721

Blood?

The girlfriend screamed and cried that she did not want to call the police and she did not want to go to the hospital. She wanted them to take her somewhere to clean her up. He is not talking to police and will ask for a public defender.
What about all the blood? Bring it to public defender's attention?

BOR

Anything we need to do other than mandate a public defender get this evidence? Can you help?
Are you also indigent, if he is under 18, where you can not afford an attorney for him?

I am not sure if the parent's need to if under age??

For a criminal charge, especially a FELONY, it is always wise to plead NOT guilty, and request appointed Counsel.

scooby0721

We live pay to pay ....

Are you also indigent, if he is under 18, where you can not afford an attorney for him?

I am not sure if the parent's need to if under age??

For a criminal charge, especially a FELONY, it is always wise to plead NOT guilty, and request appointed Counsel.
We live pay to pay and my husband just retired. He only gets 875.00 a month. We are in no position to assist him. Stepson is 24 and has no job. The police called him yesterday and he told them he would turn himself in on Monday, however, the "friend" turned himself in yesterday and the girlfriend was arrested while on a pay phone. Do you have any answers about the evidence in our vehicle? Thank you so much for all your help.

BOR

We live pay to pay and my husband just retired. He only gets 875.00 a month. We are in no position to assist him. Stepson is 24 and has no job.
Then even if you are required to pay, you are also indigent I supsect.

If he pleads not guilty at Arraignment, he can request a Public defender and they may have him fill out finance forms.

Felony Arraignments are held in Municipal court, but trials are in Common Pleas Court.

Do you have any answers about the evidence in our vehicle? Thank you so much for all your help.
I only see a reference by you about Blood in the car??

I don't know what you mean about evidentiary value of it though?

The Attorney will address any questions he has.

scooby0721

Then even if you are required to pay, you are also indigent I supsect.

If he pleads not guilty at Arraignment, he can request a Public defender and they may have him fill out finance forms.

Felony Arraignments are held in Municipal court, but trials are in Common Pleas Court.

I only see a reference by you about Blood in the car??

I don't know what you mean about evidentiary value of it though?

The Attorney will address any questions he has.
The blood in the vehicle came from the boyfriend pummeling the girlfriend. My stepson pulled him out of the vehicle to stop him from beating her anymore. The boyfriend then turned on him. Police said that no matter whether he was hitting her, the boyfriend did not deserve what he got. They will not test the blood in the vehicle which would be hers and his. The boyfriend has domestic violence charges, disorderly conduct by intoxication and drug charges that he is not complying with orders. We have heard that he may be "narcing" to have his charges dismissed. The blood in the vehicle would prove his blood and his girlfriend's blood. The girlfriend is on $50k bond, the boys are $100k. We have Facebook comments from the boyfriend stating the girlfriend admitted what she did. This is a railroading case. Went to the location today where incident took place. It is a shipping and receiving area. There may be video and will check into it on Monday. Please understand that my stepson and I have had many issues, however, he has really been working on his issues with me. I would not be trying to get help for him if I did not think he did the right thing this time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">