• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transporting Rx Drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PattyWhack

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

My ex-wife and I share custody of our daughter who is taking an anti-depressant for a condition she has as a result of congenital trauma (she's now 14). My ex gets and holds the prescription. This is taken daily, so I need some on hand when she stays with me. My ex will put her meds in a baggie and I take them home whenever she runs out at my house. Is this illegal and could I get in trouble if pulled over with a sandwich baggie of these? Would it matter if she's with me?

Thanks.

PattyWhack

Yes, I do have an ex-wife. I am the father of the 14 year in question. Patty can go either way as far as gender. Perhaps I should've spelled it 'Paddy'.

PattyWhack

Well look, if you're going to be all smart and sensible and everything...

:D
:cool:

(Although....my pharmacy won't do that for controlled substances. Period. Even if.)
I didn't think pharmacies would even consider that. I suppose I should ask. Right now it's just Zoloft, but she has had many changes over the last few years that included 'good' stuff and may have more forthcoming. I just want to avoid any future misunderstandings with law enforcement.

CourtClerk

Our vet does it for the pup's pheno, too.

Go figure, huh?

:confused:
Maybe it's on a place by place basis. Kiddo takes a schedule II drug. I've never had a problem with getting an empty bottle with a label. In fact, it was the pharmacist several years ago that gave me the idea when the kid had to go on a days long trip with his school and I didn't want to let the whole bottle go with all 100 days of pills in it (lest it get lost and then I REALLY had problems).

justalayman

go to her doctor and get a copy of the script. Make sure it has big letters on it that say "copy; not for dispensing"

then, go to some website that describes the pill and maybe even a pic and copy that.

then, get some sort of pill bottle to keep the pills in. Try the pharmacy. Maybe they will make a label that would be acceptable to the cops. Keep the paperwork with the pills.

Proserpina

You share custody of a dog with someone?

Nope. We have an epileptic pooch, and we keep pheno in the car (for when she's traveling) in addition to what is in the house.

It's much easier to orally administer (with our dog, anyway) an extra pheno if she's actively seizing than having to administer - when one of you is driving - 5 syringes of diazepam...rectally.

Trust me.

PattyWhack

Nope. We have an epileptic pooch, and we keep pheno in the car (for when she's traveling) in addition to what is in the house.

It's much easier to orally administer (with our dog, anyway) an extra pheno if she's actively seizing than having to administer - when one of you is driving - 5 syringes of diazepam...rectally.

Trust me.
God bless you for taking care of her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">