• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfularreset & false charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

>^..^<

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ct

I have a question about legal representation, I cannot afford an attorney, I was pulled over one night with my girlfriend (we don't know why) and was asked if they could search the car, we agreed, they found nothing, but my girlfriend (unbeknownst to me) had 3 (three) 1 mg. klonopin pills in HER pocket,

we were both arresested, (the state police even drew a gun on her), they brought us to the station, interrogated us repeatedly trying to get names of drug dealers , we don't do any of that. apparently my girlfriend was having a tough time because a friend died and thought the klonopin would help, police told us if we could give names of dealers," all of this would go away". long story short, they charged us both with possession of a narcotic 21a-278(b, as well as intent to sell !!21a-278(b)

this was all over 3 pills, that I knew nothing of, yet I was charged too, and sell??? 3 pills??? in HER pocket???!!!

I need help, i'm terrified, we went to court but I didn't get to talk to anyone and the case was continued because I didn't have the $25 fee. What should I do??? will a public defender help me and how can I get this thrown out I DIDN"T DO ANYTHING !!!! the police harrased me because i'm a musician and said, all musicians use drugs, I need help. please advise, point me in the right direction, thankyou

CdwJava

Yes, a public defender should be able to help you and should be able to make an argument for reasonable doubt on your part as the pills were in HER pocket. Unless, of course, she said you knew about them or you admitted to knowing about the pills.

In any event, talk only to your attorney about this - not to her. As there is generally no confidential communication privilege between a boyfriend and girlfriend, you could be called as a witness against her, so don't talk to her about this, either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">