• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting personal property back from Boss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I was fired from my job due to the boss being greedy about my upcoming large commission check so she could get out of paying me but I was not allowed to recover my personal items in my office. They were my hearing aid, family photos, my college books, radio, framed prints. how can I gets these items back from her.Do I have to prove they are mine or what. I don't have the receipts for some of things.

A

Always searching

Time for some action. Itemize everything you had on your desk that belonged to you personally. Go to Hearing Aid Store and find out how much it would be for another exam and replacement hearing aid. Go to store where you got frames etc and get a written estimate on replacement on desk frames. When you have done your homework, compiled all the list with the amount of damages, send a bill to your former employer with the amount due with a cover letter stating that if these items are not returned, then you will proceed to file civil charges in small claims court. Send this certified with return receipt. Please put a date when you should hear back from them with their answer in writing, say 30 days. If you do not hear from them, go to the court that does civil proceedings in your county, file the request and pay your 68.00 or whatever it might be and get your day in small claims court. Have your ducks in order and watch your stuff appear. You could go to your local book store and get a book on small claims court. Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">