• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sentencing twice on same event

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

capitolnick

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

I disputed a drivers license suspension and was issued a temporary license (piece of paper), which expired so I stopped driving. I received a new temporary later, then that expired so I stopped driving again, then I was issued another temporary while my case was pending.

Twice I have had my drivers license expire because of the Plaintiff, (State of Oklahoma), and I have still not had a hearing, it has been over 6 months.

Can they still hold a hearing to suspend a license even though they have allowed it to be suspended twice for the same offense?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I disputed a drivers license suspension and was issued a temporary license (piece of paper), which expired so I stopped driving. I received a new temporary later, then that expired so I stopped driving again, then I was issued another temporary while my case was pending.

Twice I have had my drivers license expire because of the Plaintiff, (State of Oklahoma), and I have still not had a hearing, it has been over 6 months.

Can they still hold a hearing to suspend a license even though they have allowed it to be suspended twice for the same offense?
Your LICENSE has not been suspended twice. You were given a temporary license and that expired...twice.

Antigone*

This is purely an administrative matter. You do know that having a drivers' license is a privilege not a right, right.:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">