• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court ordered to vacate home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tarts05

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin. The judge has ruled that my dad must be out of the home on Dec. 4th. He and my mom have lived seperated for years. What can be done if he doesn't leave the home on that day? On Dec. 4th the house deed will say tenants in common and my mom wants in it to see what damages need to fixed before they can list it to sell. Our fear is that he won't be out and he will prolong this thing. Can we call the police in to either remove him, or let my mom in?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

tarts05

Mother is here

She is sitting right here. What type of facts do you need? Dad has been ordered out of the house by Dec. 4th. House must be sold and will be deeded as Tenants in common. She just thinks that he will not move out in time. He as already asked for an extension and it was not granted. What can we do to ensure that my mom can get into view the house on Dec. 5th if he has not vacated?

Just Blue

She is sitting right here. What type of facts do you need? Dad has been ordered out of the house by Dec. 4th. House must be sold and will be deeded as Tenants in common. She just thinks that he will not move out in time. He as already asked for an extension and it was not granted. What can we do to ensure that my mom can get into view the house on Dec. 5th if he has not vacated?
If mom is "sitting right there" tell her to sign up under her OWN user name and deal with her own LEGAL situation herself. Children should NEVER be this involved in their PARENTS LEGAL ISSUES.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin. The judge has ruled that my dad must be out of the home on Dec. 4th. He and my mom have lived seperated for years. What can be done if he doesn't leave the home on that day? On Dec. 4th the house deed will say tenants in common and my mom wants in it to see what damages need to fixed before they can list it to sell. Our fear is that he won't be out and he will prolong this thing. Can we call the police in to either remove him, or let my mom in?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I think that an attorney would be in a better position to advise your mother on what steps to take if he does not vacate the home.

However, your mother, as joint owner of the home, has every right to enter it after 12/4.

mistoffolees

I think that an attorney would be in a better position to advise your mother on what steps to take if he does not vacate the home.
Although it's likely a waste of money to do so simply because of the chance that Dad may not leave. Mom can't take action until he actually fails to meet the court deadline in any event.

LdiJ

Although it's likely a waste of money to do so simply because of the chance that Dad may not leave. Mom can't take action until he actually fails to meet the court deadline in any event.
Attorney's often give free or low cost initial consults. However I do agree that she doesn't want to be shelling out big bucks before she knows whether or not he is actually going to leave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">