• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is the penalty for misdeamenor marijuana possession increased in school zones?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Flintstone33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

In the state of Pennsylvania, is the penalty for possession (not sale or delivery) of a misdemeanor amount of marijuana increased in a school zone - specifically, within 1000 feet of a college?

And if so, what is the increased penalty?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help. I'm having a bear of a time finding an answer to this question.

FlyingRon

18 PA Cons. 6317 makes possession with INTENT TO DELIVER or delivery within 1000 feet of a school (including private schools and colleges) or 250 feet of a playground subject to extra jail time.

Mere possession doesn't qualify, though you have to understand that certain things like possessing even small amounts divided into smaller lots could constitute intent (Judges won't buy personal "portion" control).

Flintstone33

Ah, fantastic.

Thanks so much for your help.

That's what I thought, but all the information I found on my own was worded somewhat ambiguously, and I didn't want to pretend to be a lawyer myself and just assume my interpretation of it was correct.

Have a good one, and thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">