• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a due process violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carboni

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Is this a due process violation? My husband was arrested in Dallas 4/20/10.
He was arraigned on charges in Dallas and also Denton County. At that time he declared himself indigent and was given a court appointed attorney for Dallas.He also requested court appointed counsel for his charges in Denton. This occured in May 2010. He waited for court in Dallas until August..During that time Denton County never made contact with him. I called the Grand Jury in Denton..detectives.. and administrative offices trying to find out info on these charges against him..My husband wanted to request an examining trail. He finished with court in Dallas at the end of August..soon after I would say a week or so Denton Co. came and picked him up. As he arrived he was handed indictments that were made in June. They appointed him counsel August 31, 2010..he did not meet with the attorney until 2 weeks later. Where was his right to an examining trial? How was he to request it? Now the attorney says it's too late. An examining trial must be requested before indictment, but he was not given an attorney to do so. Does this violate his due process rights?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">