• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Controlled Substance - Morphine and Ecstasy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ravenmont6

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My friend was arrested on Saturday night. She had 1 pill of ecstasy and 2 pills of morphine. She was charged with a felony count for each. The guy she was with had some cocaine on him and they are trying to charge her with possession of that as well. She also had a couple grams of marijuana and a pipe on her. She was release on bail. What should she expect? Will they plea her down to a misdemeanor because of the small amount on her? This is her first offense.

Just Blue

My friend was arrested on Saturday night. She had 1 pill of ecstasy and 2 pills of morphine. She was charged with a felony count for each. The guy she was with had some cocaine on him and they are trying to charge her with possession of that as well. She also had a couple grams of marijuana and a pipe on her. She was release on bail. What should she expect? Will they plea her down to a misdemeanor because of the small amount on her? This is her first offense.
Get new friends.

CdwJava

Depending on the specific offenses charged, she will probably be eligible for treatment/diversion under Prop 36.

CdwJava

This always bugs me. Why do these people never say "This is their ONLY offense"??? :confused: It is like they are readily admitting that they plan to re-offend.
Well, it is the first time she's been caught. I doubt it i sthe first time she has transported or used the drugs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">