• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loose lug nuts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IronMike

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
Should I sue a major tire chain for leaving lug nuts loose when I purchased new tires. After 150 miles the entire front drivers wheel came off while I was driving 75 mph. Luckily I was not injured nor was there any other vehicles involved, and no one was it by the tire, it was no where to be found. I had the vehicle towed to the nearest franchise and they fixed the rotor and put the spare on after waiting 4 hours. I had to return twice to the original store to get the new tire and rim replaced. They gave me a free oil change. What type of lawyer if any would handle this type of case.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Kiawah

How many days passed since the wheel was allegedly installed loose?

And your damages were a tow which they paid for, a damaged rotor which they replaced, and a wheel and tire that they replaced, right?

Last edited:

racer72

Sorry, you did not win the deep pockets lottery, thanks for playing. Please accept our consulation prize which you have received already. Thanks for playing the deep pockets lottery.

IronMike

The accident occurred about 35 days after the work was done. The truck was parked for 4 weeks while I was recovering from medical procedure. I had about 150 mile on the truck after the work was done.
The company covered all costs except for the tow, I had AAA take care of that. Basically I was out my time and my wife's time, not to mention the added stress/anxiety.

ecmst12

None of which are compensable. You have received everything which you might possibly be entitled to.

justalayman

e
The company covered all costs except for the tow, I had AAA take care of that. Basically I was out my time and my wife's time, not to mention the added stress/anxiety.
so basically, you have been made whole. I love it when it works out like that.

btw: aluminum rims must have the nuts retorqued. At the shops I used to run, I used to tell them 100 miles.

Dave1952

35 days is a long time, too long. Why should anyone believe that the wheel came off because of the mechanic's work? Your car was parked for a long time with new tires. Perhaps an enterprising thief almost got your wheel off before he was interrupted. I don't think you have a case.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">