• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paraphernalia Charge - OHIO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chigger42

Montgomery County/Kettering Ohio: I have a charge for possession of paraphernalia... But I'm also on probation for misdemeanor theft, which I have already paid all court costs, fines, restitution and complete all necessary classes. I haven't had time to talk to an attorney, nor do I have the money to do as such. I'm not sure what to do, or what's going to happen. If I go to jail, I lose my job and along with my apartment (which will be lost to my roommate as well). Is there any advice that could be given to me?

Kiawah

If I go to jail, I lose my job and along with my apartment (which will be lost to my roommate as well). Is there any advice that could be given to me?
The obvious, don't do drugs.

And now with the kind of record, you'll have an even harder time finding a job when you get out.

BOR

A paraphernlia charge, if you were cited under Ohio state law, is a Misdemeanor of the 4th degree, this is triable by a Jury and Counsel must be appointed if you plead not guilty if you can not afford one.

However, if they will not seek jail time for the charge, no counsel need be appointed, as a money fine is all you can receive then if convicted, up to $250.00.

Your concern is your probationary status and if you are convicted it will be revoked.

Best course of action, plead not guilty and request Counsel. He or she will address both issues.

FlyingRon

If your probation conditions require it (many do) you need to inform your po before he hears it through other channels.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">