• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unpaid for days worked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dawnelise

i was employed in the position of restaurant manager, by a hotel in miami beach, florida until march 7, 2001. i was a salaried employee earning an annual base plus bounuses and my problem is this... the way their bi-weekly pay cycles are broken down 2/12 to 2/25 constituted one pay period and 2/26 to 3/11 made up the following. in that four week time span i worked fourteen days (i called in sick, one day after i'd given my notice). i received my check for 2/12-2/25 and was paid for the 9 days i had worked. they deducted the sick day despite the fact i was on salary saying i had not completed the 90 of employment which make me eligible for paid absences. (i disagree, i'm not sure of the exact date but i started the 2nd week of december 2000). in the restaurant i worked weekends and because of that the last five days i worked fell in between the two pay periods. my last five days were: sat 3/3, sun 3/4, mon 3/5, tues 3/6 and wedns 3/7. they are now saying that they are only willing to pay me for the three days which fall in the later pay period, saying that because i am salaried we are already square for the period before- that it dosent matter how many days i worked, i don't receive hourly pay. is this legal or do i have grounds to demand payment for a full week? i believe i may have to take them to small claims court as it is because they are giving me the run around and i still haven't collected on the three days they did agree to pay me for. since i have to go through this hassle either way, can i try to recover payment for these two (possibly three, counting the sick day) days as well?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">