• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violation of anti-trust laws/unethical behavior of physicians

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smpat

from north carolina:

i was called for an interview the day my cv was received by a physican who didn't know me, but obviously noted my qualifications for a position as a nurse practitioner. he discussed me with 2 other physicians, who i'd previously worked with, both of whom are notoriously "difficult" and abusive. they assigned a self-admitted unqualifed and confused physician assistant to conduct a fraudulent interview to discourage my interest. this took place in his tiny office with uninvolved co-workers few feet a way, the door wide open and no privacy. his sole remark (the interview lasted less than 5 minutes) was,"since you can't have trouble getting along with people and if you want this job, you need to petition dr. ____ and ____. obviously i had been "discussed" amongst this group which didn't want me to work with them and conspired to sabotage my efforts to obtain employment. i believe this is in violation of anti-trust law and professional ethics. i hadn't pursued this because of fear of being "black-balled" but now i don't care. should i notify the board of medicine and take legal action?

D

D. D. Lessenberry

My thoughts would be to try to get a lawyer to give you a one-shot consult (try a law school or legal aid society near you--look in the blue pages).

The lawyer would write a letter, reminding two previous employers of what they can and cannot say about a former employee. (Usually they can just verify you worked there).

This should stop the Docs from bad-mouthing you.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">