• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which section of CA Family Code authorizes property restraining orders?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DeJure

Hi,

What section of the California Family Code authorizes a "property restraint" order? (I searched the Family Code on the leginfo website but there are too many results to wade through).

Background:

I've filed for divorce in California.

Form FL-310 has an option for a "Property Restraint" order. I realize that the parties in a divorce are subject to an automatic restraining order. However, I'm concerned that my spouse may be spending funds that she shouldn't be.

As part of another order, I also want to include a request an order for "Property Restraint" in order to "remind" her not to spend any money not necessary for the necessities of life. In preparing my declaration, I want to review the Code which authorizes such a restraining order.

Any help is appreciated!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi,

What section of the California Family Code authorizes a "property restraint" order? (I searched the Family Code on the leginfo website but there are too many results to wade through).

Background:

I've filed for divorce in California.

Form FL-310 has an option for a "Property Restraint" order. I realize that the parties in a divorce are subject to an automatic restraining order. However, I'm concerned that my spouse may be spending funds that she shouldn't be.

As part of another order, I also want to include a request an order for "Property Restraint" in order to "remind" her not to spend any money not necessary for the necessities of life. In preparing my declaration, I want to review the Code which authorizes such a restraining order.

Any help is appreciated!
You don't need to be redundant. FL310 already provides what you are looking for.

DeJure

Thanks for the reply. I just would like to read the Code section which authorizes the property restraint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">