• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i appeal this judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kevic09

I sold a car to someone as is. she drove the car before she purchased it. a week later she returned the car saying it broke down when it actually out of gas she left the car saying she wanted her money back . her husband came to check on the car and took the car with him without my permission. they ran the car hot and blowed the motor.this all happened in the span of a month.they took me to court and got a judgement of a thousand dollars.i dont understand how since i sold the car as is. thanks

JETX

And why did they get the judgment against you?? Did they have some proof that you had offered a warranty or specific claim?? From your post, it sounds like you should have a 'slam-dunk' to defend yourself (caveat emptor)... or is there something that we are not aware of??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">