• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't reach attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debodun

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I tried to call my attorney several times. It was about 10 days before attorney returned my call. Then another week before attorney could see me. That was 3 weeks ago and I have heard nothing back from attorney despite repeated phone calls and emails. I am getting annoyed by the seeming brush-off and lack of interest in my legal affairs despite attorney mentioning some ongoing family problems. Attorney works alone in a small one-desk office. I went to the office several times but nobody is there. What should I do? :mad:

Hot Topic

Send the lawyer a letter via certified mail, return receipt requested. If the letter comes back, don't open it. Keep it for evidence.

I would then complain to the State Bar, telling them everything you've told us. Keep copies of all dates and specifics.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">