• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling land from an estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quickhelp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

I'll start by appologizing if this is the wrong forum.

I posted a question the other day about wills and now have a few more.

My sister got a copy of my fathers will, she hasn't gave it to us to read yet, but told us we all got 14 acres.

My father has two connecting farms that are to be divided by the 6 kids. I want to keep my acres, but my sister told me I had to sell or buy everyone elses. I dont want theirs, just mine. Do I have to sell or buy everyone elses? Can I just have 14 acres surveyed off and the rest can sell theirs as one big tract?

She also told me all that our fathers estate needs to be finished in the next 60 days? Is there a time limit on how long it can take? I figured we would have it finished with-in a year but 60 days seems to be rushing everything.

Thanks for any advice.

anteater

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa
She also told me all that our fathers estate needs to be finished in the next 60 days? Is there a time limit on how long it can take? I figured we would have it finished with-in a year but 60 days seems to be rushing everything.

Thanks for any advice.
Your sister is full of it.

You need to retain your own attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">