• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraudulant conveyance? Real Estate Grant Deed Transfer. Very wordy...sorry.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

molly1590

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Mother was trustee of three paternal inheritances 1990-1997, until my 25th b-day. 1997 Mother says $70,000.00 remains of the half million. (Huh? How is that possible?)
Mother refused to give me any financial recordings for how the funds were spent during those years. I had asked her in 1997, 1998, 1999 and so on. Recently I found a box in Mothers garage that was full of my grandparents banking info. Major red flags like transferring large amounts of $ to multiple accounts/ cashing out of stocks/ threatening letters from my father accusing her of mismanaging my inheritances.

Mother has served me with an unlawful detainer suit. (But this is MY HOUSE! Bought and paid for from my inheritances or so it was explained to me in 1997.) She has paid the property taxes since 2003 because she says its easier bookkeeping that way.

1997 not 25 yet, I bought my home under Mother's guidance. Mother was my financial strong arm for years. She put her name on the lease as a Joint Tenant because of my age and the worry that my spending would create a debt that the home would be vulnerable to collectors.

We (Mother and I) became joint tenancy owners in June 1997 of my house. $50,000.00 paid from a CD in my name?

1997-2003 mortgage payments were made from the last of my money from a joint bank account, my credit reports show on time payments.

2003 Mother takes me to lunch which was not an unusual practice, nor was the double margaritas we both consumed at this meeting. As we are leaving our lunch Mother motions to a postal type business next to the restaurant "do you mind if I make a quick stop? And since we're here together, I have some tax and insurance papers you "have" to sign. I think one of the docs needs a notary so we'll do it now."

My 30 year old scared of the world mentality still was doing whatever that woman told me to do. She was supporting me financially (or was she?) she was paying my daughters private school and always had supplements here and there because I was still trying to finish my undergraduate degree as a single mom and part-time worker.

I believed Mother when she explained that the "Grant Deed" I was signing was just a formality to safeguard the property from probate if anything were to happen to either one of us. It was to be a temporary transfer into her living trust and since I was the sole beneficiary of all her assets minus stocks for my daughter it wasn't such a big deal. Basically "shut up and sign the damn thing all ready". She also threw in a few dramatic statements about how the government could take the property because of my debt. She purposefully misrepresented the level of allowed state/governmental authority regarding seizures and collection practices like liens. FYI, my debt was a $1200.00 Macy's account.

So here I am today facing an eviction in less than two weeks. My estate sales consignment business is non functional because of this crisis, so zero income at present is my reality. Unless I get an attorney to help me fight her I will have lost literally everything because the contents of my home will be hers as well. No one so far will represent me on consignment but all agree that based on the above and the trusts and wills it would serve me well to consider taking action.

What should my next move be? Is there anything I can file against her on my own and the ask the judge to consolidate the cases maybe extending the inevitable eviction? I can barter housekeeping, I have nothing except this house. She wants to punish me for my defiance. She wants to see me on the streets before she lets me keep my house. I just want her to leave me alone.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">