• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is at fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

j.white281

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO
I was driving and I lost control. My car went through two lanes until I got hit by another car. They hit my backseat driver side door.
The road were a little wet and it was drizzling. There were no other cars on the road and they could have avoided hitting my car. I was going about 20mph so I was not speeding. Who is at fault?

BOR

You did not say you were cited yet, so I am assuming this is for Insurance purposes.

You say they could have avoided it, you need to prove that to the INS co. if you intend to assign all fault to him.

Or each party can battle it out.

ecmst12

You were not in control of your vehicle, which is the most basic duty a driver has. You are at fault.

I_Got_Banned

I suspect they'll find you at fault for doing an unsafe lane change.
Or...

Ohio Revised Code section § 4511.202. Operating vehicle without reasonable control.
(A) No person shall operate a motor vehicle, trackless trolley, or streetcar on any street, highway, or property open to the public for vehicular traffic without being in reasonable control of the vehicle, trolley, or streetcar.
(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of operating a motor vehicle without being in control of it, a minor misdemeanor.​

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">