• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pay to terminate attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrymry1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut
I sent my attorney an email. I thanked her for all she did for me, but, I would no longer need her services and would like my files. She sent an email back asking if anything was wrong. I replied that I was no longer in need of an attorney. I never got the files that were archived, because I already had copies of everything. She did send me the most recent files.
She sent me a bill for 2 emails and 1 phone call. $100, can she do that? I was not asking any advice and received none. I was terminating our attorney client relationship. Do we have to pay for that now too?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut
I sent my attorney an email. I thanked her for all she did for me, but, I would no longer need her services and would like my files. She sent an email back asking if anything was wrong. I replied that I was no longer in need of an attorney. I never got the files that were archived, because I already had copies of everything. She did send me the most recent files.
She sent me a bill for 2 emails and 1 phone call. $100, can she do that? I was not asking any advice and received none. I was terminating our attorney client relationship. Do we have to pay for that now too?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
She is allowed to bill you for that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">