• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA rules of procedure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DallasKirk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Got 4 fines in the mail and the whole situation just seems very shady to me, so any advice anyone can offer is appreciated.

The citations are from the PA borough where i have a home which i'm trying to sell. The borough was notified when I moved given all my contact info etc... I have a gentleman living in the house who pays no rent but pays all utilities and was to be taking care of the lawn, repairs, etc while the home is on the market.

As i said i get these 4 tickets, 2 for the grass being to high, and 2 saying there were too many garbage bags outside. one of each ticket is addressed to the home, the other ticket is addressed to a nonexistent address which would correlate to where the yard next to the house is.

They made no effort to contact me about any of this, they just wrote a citation and never said a word.

I believe the rules of procedure state some sort of a timeline in situations like this. The citation was written on 8/23/20, then filed with the DJ on 9/15/2010, then on 10/11/10 the DJ finally sent me a summons(I got it 10/20) and when I received that I was then finally aware of the violation they claim happened happened 2 months earlier......

I have pleaded not guilty to all four citations. Any advice on what might be the best avenue to defend myself with this? I will be able to give very clear proof that they had all the information if they had wished to contact me, so at this point I think that will be my argument....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">