• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal agreement/ repossion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Donna Sanden

i live in alaska outside of anchorage. here is the situation
8 months ago i had a motorhome for sale (older 1973 model)
a man said he was interested, looked at it took it to have it checked out mechanically. never brought it back or paid for it . i attempted to get money for it finally i repossed it had to have it towed. he took out the bench seats and the passenger seat. will not give back the keys or the seats. demands that i sell it to him or pay for any work he has done on it. i have taken the police with me 3 times to try to recover my property. with no luck. do i take him to small claims court. (all the water pipes are broken in it now from it not being winterized) for not paying me and recover the seats.and possibly the money it will cost to fix the pipes. needless to say i am very frustrated.
donnat

racer72

You can sue him for all expenses required to bring the motorhome up to the same condition it was when it was taken. And because you were still the legal owner and did not authorize him to make any repairs to the vehicle, you do not have to pay for any repairs he made.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">