• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Freinds email hacked into

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kman73

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
Hello and thank you in advance. My freind's ex Boyfriend hacked into her facebook account and copied email correspondence's she had with her new bf. The ex has just informed her that he will show them to her employer as a form of retribution for ending there relationship. What can be done about this?

Kman73

Thanks, She called me earlier and is freaking out because she is a first year teacher and her ex has threatened to do this to her. I think he is trying to bully or scare her but I have never dealt with this before and have no advice...So then for him to use the emails would that be considered a crime? Thanks again

cyjeff

Thanks, She called me earlier and is freaking out because she is a first year teacher and her ex has threatened to do this to her. I think he is trying to bully or scare her but I have never dealt with this before and have no advice...So then for him to use the emails would that be considered a crime? Thanks again
Getting the emails is one crime. Forcing her behavior with the results of the first crime can be an additional one.

She needs to get herself to a police station tomorrow with a copy of the email he sent threatening her.

Isis1

His hacking into her account is illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">