• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reopening divorce case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dixie_darlin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

When my ex wife filed for divorce, there was information regarding bank accounts that she had that she deliberately withheld. In addition, it was impossible for me to obtain proof of income (and I can prove this), and she over-inflated my income and reported to the courts that I made considerably more than I did.

How do I have the case re-opened, and request a different judge? We recently had a hearing, at which I was told that evidence could not be presented, and the judge, who also was the judge over the original divorce case, would not allow me or my attorney to speak my side.

I no longer have legal representation, and need assistance determing what my next step and best option will be in this circumstance. She was awarded child support and spousal support that is equal to 75% of my net income. I have already filed a child support modification, but there are other issues at play here that I need to have reviewed.

mistoffolees

When was the divorce final?

If you knew about an account and didn't bring it up at the time of the divorce, you're probably not going to be able to do anything about that.

And not being able to prove your income? That's just bizarre. You can always get tax returns from the IRS even if you don't have a copy and, of course, your employer could provide records. What were the circumstances for not being able to get information?

In any event, reopening the original will be extremely difficult, if not impossible.

You're already working on getting CS changed. Check your decree to see if alimony is modifiable and if it is, you can file for a change there, as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">