• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad job references

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pcsutton_001

Is there anything that can be done to make a previous employer stop giving "I can't recommend him" type statements?

After working a season as a GM for a South Dakota resort hotel, 6 days off in 7 months, breaking revenue records, and making a big bonus, now they are saying that they "can't recommend" me for employment.

I had ongoing issues with the owner, such as his drunken phonecalls to bitch at me, Corp. people that didn't know the business, etc. With all the BS, I stayed the season out as I agreed to working the season, and finished with the all time revenue record.

I just want them to stop! They have been causitory in my not getting hired on several jobs. Cease and Desist letter?

Please help!

L

lawrat

Causitory? Huh?
Yes, send a notarized letter, return receipt saying that you only consent to the following:

they can tell future employers/potential employers:

your length of time on the job
your position
your salary

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">