• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revoked Locense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bella223

Revoked License

I had my Drivers License revoked for a year in Arizona... I applied for my drivers license and got the clear from the DMV to go ahead a apply for my drivers license.... The next day after I had gotten the letter in the mail for the all good for my license. I had gotten caught driving with my revoked license.. Now I have a ticket for a revoked license...I went to the DMV and got my license back the next day after I was caught driving and given the ticket... Now I have the Drivers License before I go to the court with the revoked ticket... Will this all work out and will the judge maybe give me a lesser fine?? Im sooo confused? I guess the dmv didn't show records that I had the ticket a day before and I wonder what will happen to me now?? Please Help!

Last edited:

justalayman

I applied for my drivers license and got the clear from the DMV to go ahead a apply for my drivers license
so, you needed to apply for your license which meant, you did not legally have a license at the time you were driving and stopped.

Pretty hard to argue you were eligible for a license but figured that was good enough for you to drive on. There are a lot of people that are eligible for a license but that doesn't mean it's ok for them to drive without a license.

what were you thinking? or maybe that is the problem; you weren't. You go a whole year without driving (you did refrain from driving that entire year, right?) and one day before you get your license, you shoot yourself in the foot.

I guess the dmv didn't show records that I had the ticket a day before and I wonder what will happen to me now??
you don't want to know. You really don't.

bella223

I know it was a wrong choice and yes I probably screwed myself. Whats the least that could happen and what is the worse?

sounds like you were driving with no license for a while ... go to court, maybe the judge wont revoke your license again...I would not tell them you have a current license though ...

The Occultist

Get your license, and go to court with proof that you have a valid license and that you were "allowed to apply" for that license prior to the cite. Keep in mind that this in no way should get you off the hook, but there is a possibility that your sob story will fall on a sympathetic ear and the judge will grant you some form of leniency (possibly in the form of a reduced fine, and hopefully that he won't extend the length of your license revocation).

The best thing you can do is seek the aid of legal representation. A local attorney knows best what the courts want to hear, and as such present the highest potential in yielding the most favorable results. The best attorneys are gonna be the ones with offices across the street from the courthouse. Yes, these attorneys will be the most pricey, but you should consider the fact that they have earned the right to be so pricey: they get the job done. Many attorneys will offer free/cheap consultations, so you should sit down with a couple to see what insight they may have to offer.

justalayman

you also need to verify with the DMV your license is still in force as well. The DMV can take administrative actions separate from the courts. Regardless what the court does, the DMV might still be able to suspend your license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">