• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LiL Re

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
Me and my boyfriend lived together, and then we broke up and me and our son moved out. My ex ended up getting raided by the police, and during the search warrant, they broke open my safe which had my gun inside. The police took my gun, and charged my ex because he is a restricted person due to prior felony charges a long time ago. What can I do to get my gun back, and have the charge against him dropped??

CdwJava

The gun is evidence. You are no likely to get it back until sometime after he has been convicted, and the appeals process is over.

About all you can do to help him out is to help him pay for an attorney.

aldaron

If you broke up with ex why would you leave your stuff with him? Id love to hear that one in front of the judge. By your own admission of not living there your hanging your ex cuzz now he has no excuse for posessing the weapon. Your attempt to save him will convict him.

LiL Re

If you broke up with ex why would you leave your stuff with him? Id love to hear that one in front of the judge. By your own admission of not living there your hanging your ex cuzz now he has no excuse for posessing the weapon. Your attempt to save him will convict him.
It was in my safe, that is EXTREMELY heavy, and I had just barely moved out, I had left a few other things there too. And inside the safe I had all my personal paperwork and all that too...

Isis1

It was in my safe, that is EXTREMELY heavy, and I had just barely moved out, I had left a few other things there too. And inside the safe I had all my personal paperwork and all that too...
You aren't getting his charges dropped. He had a restriction. Just put in a request for your items, and they'll be returned to you in a few years.

CdwJava

If any of his property was in the safe, or if he had any way to access the safe, he's screwed. He would have to show the court that he had no way to access the safe for him to stand the best chance for a dismissal.

LiL Re

If any of his property was in the safe, or if he had any way to access the safe, he's screwed. He would have to show the court that he had no way to access the safe for him to stand the best chance for a dismissal.
I had mine and his most personal paperwork in it. But he didn't even know the combination to it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">