• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contact with felons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jb7878

Idaho. Can someone please answear this for me. Is a person that is on felony parole or probation have contact of any kind what so ever with other felons that are on probation or parole?

CdwJava

Idaho. Can someone please answear this for me. Is a person that is on felony parole or probation have contact of any kind what so ever with other felons that are on probation or parole?
I suspect that this will be written on his conditions. If his parole or probation officer says "no contact" then he shall have no contact.

jb7878

felony contact

is there a way to find out the conditions of the probation or parole. My friend who is on felony probation is talking with a person that is on felony parole. I do not want her to keep screwing up and I want to confront her but I want my facts straight before I do.

Isis1

is there a way to find out the conditions of the probation or parole. My friend who is on felony probation is talking with a person that is on felony parole. I do not want her to keep screwing up and I want to confront her but I want my facts straight before I do.
Thebest way to find purvis directly from the parole officer.

so 2 felons that never knew each other are out and about and meet one day say at the market and start a friendship. how are they to know the other is a felon?

cyjeff

so 2 felons that never knew each other are out and about and meet one day say at the market and start a friendship. how are they to know the other is a felon?
Actually, that is put upon the probated felon.

You have to look at it this way... if a judge said that you would go back to prison if you associate with a person with a belly piercing, would you ask about piercings?

Part of the reason for this condition, in my opinion, is so that felons have to self disclose their record to the people around them in an effort to avoid conflict.

Part of the reason for this condition, in my opinion, is so that felons have to self disclose their record to the people around them in an effort to avoid conflict.
but by doing that they've already broken the rules because they weren't suppose to be associating.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
but by doing that they've already broken the rules because they weren't suppose to be associating.
It's usually "known felons". If badguy 1 doesn't reasonably know that badguy 2 is a felon, then gadguy 1 didn't break the rules. HOWEVER, who's gonna believe badguy 1 when he says he didn't know? ;)

Some Random Guy

It's usually "known felons". If badguy 1 doesn't reasonably know that badguy 2 is a felon, then gadguy 1 didn't break the rules. HOWEVER, who's gonna believe badguy 1 when he says he didn't know? ;)
C'mon Zing, get with the politically correct bandwagon. You know its really "Unjustly convicted guy 1" and "Victim of the system 2" wanting to associate.

cyjeff

C'mon Zing, get with the politically correct bandwagon. You know its really "Unjustly convicted guy 1" and "Victim of the system 2" wanting to associate.
And the man is just keeping them down so that they don't rise up and ... well, I don't know... but it would be really cool.

Zigner

Ok, how's this.

BG1 is at the movie theater and meets a nice girl (NG1). Unbeknownst to him (but beknownst to us) NG1 is ALSO a felon. They chat for a bit in the refreshment line, then sit together for the movie. After the movie, they exchange telephone numbers and leave in their separate cars.

Was a violation committed? Probably not...but it's on BG1 to prove that he had now knowledge (and no way of knowing) that NG1 was a felon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zigner

It's against TOS even if it's a joke. You really need to stop using this site like it's your own little playground. It's getting old.
It happens all the time Charlotte - it's NOT against the TOS to post links.

ETA: It's against "da rules" to post commercial links...not links in general.

Zigner

That's why I said "links like that". The link the kid posted was the kind of link M doesn't allow.
It wasn't a real link. It wasn't a commercial/advertisement. M has allowed them all the time in other forums on this site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">