• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this assault & battery?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bheara

I live in Maryland. I returned from an Easter trip and my husband announces that he wants a divorce, he has been having an affair with our female roommate. We get into an argument and she makes snide comments and "golf claps" at one point. I picked up a small paper MacDonald's Happy Meal sack that still had the paper french fry wrapper and fries in it and throw it at her, hitting the side of her head. She leaps up and calls ME a whore, and I slap her. Now both she and my husband want me out of the apartment which is under his name AND mine, no where is she mentioned on the lease, and wants me arrested for assault and battery. And we also have a 5 year old son who he wants to stay with him. Is this assault & battery? Can he force me out of the apartment? If I do leave, have I abandoned my son and hopes of getting custody? Please advise soonest!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">