• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nlmart02

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

Just this year I got back with my childs father, and soon after I became pregnant and decided to go through with the marriage. Soon after I found out that he was only with me to ge the child support dropped and only after a month of marriage I ended up with an STD. We were only married four months before he left me and is now with someone else. When he left I went to sign up for an apartment at which I found out his what he told me was a Misdemeanor charge was actually a felony and they told me that he was a petifile and was not allowed on the premises if I was to get an apartment there. He was of the age 25 when he was with a 15 year old girl on consent as the charges are 3rd degree rape (no force) and he only got probation as he never went to jail so I didn't know anything of extent of his charges till after wards. I also found out that they were together in Dec 09 which she contacted me to tell me that they were together a month before he was wanting to get back with me. He was still on probation at this time. I do not have proof of that as he deleted the conversation from my computer but I do have pictures where she has posted on his myspace in Dec of 09.
Can I get an annulment with all of this going on as I am pregnant? What do I need to do to feel safe for me and my children?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

Just this year I got back with my childs father, and soon after I became pregnant and decided to go through with the marriage. Soon after I found out that he was only with me to ge the child support dropped and only after a month of marriage I ended up with an STD. We were only married four months before he left me and is now with someone else. When he left I went to sign up for an apartment at which I found out his what he told me was a Misdemeanor charge was actually a felony and they told me that he was a petifile and was not allowed on the premises if I was to get an apartment there. He was of the age 25 when he was with a 15 year old girl on consent as the charges are 3rd degree rape (no force) and he only got probation as he never went to jail so I didn't know anything of extent of his charges till after wards. I also found out that they were together in Dec 09 which she contacted me to tell me that they were together a month before he was wanting to get back with me. He was still on probation at this time. I do not have proof of that as he deleted the conversation from my computer but I do have pictures where she has posted on his myspace in Dec of 09.
Can I get an annulment with all of this going on as I am pregnant? What do I need to do to feel safe for me and my children?
The pregnancy probably makes an annulment more difficult if not impossible.

You REALLY need a consult with a local attorney, and you need to get child support reinstated immediately.

nlmart02

Child Support

I'm trying to figure out how to get the child support reinstated as it was, as the office has told me that I could but didn't give me the paper work to what they are telling me I can do. Which is posted on the Child Support forum.

On the divorce I was told the only way to get one now as far as an annulment or anything is to do an agreement divorce, but he will not allow me to do that. I was looking for more options as to what I can do. A lawyer won't take my case due to me being pregnant because harassment is not grounds for an immediate termination of marriage. He himself has not threatened me, but his family and friends have.

WittyUserName

How are you going to attempt an annulment (ie have the marriage completely invalidated/never took place) when there is a child?
Not exactly a clean getaway, there.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">