• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorrect VC Cited on Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KRD196

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I was cited for failing to wait for the red lights to stop flashing after the guard arms were up at a railroad crossing. They cited it as CA-VC21451 but that has to do with Circular Green or Green Arrow signs. I have searched the CA Vehicle Code for the appropriate code number but I can't find this situation addressed. I have found it in the CA Drivers' Handbook but it has no VC reference. Is this grounds to fight the ticket?

CdwJava

If it says 21451 and NOT 21461 then you should be able to prevail at trial ... if it is not amended before arraignment.

KRD196

Thank you for your assistance!

It indeed is printed on the ticket and the Courtesy Notice as 21451A. I've read 21461 and it is about as clear as mud. I thank you for your reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">